It’s CSA Thursday, so here’s your recipe of the week.
Spicy Kale Chips Recipe
Spicy kale chips
*1/2-1 bunch of clean and dry organic kale, chopped into bite-sized pieces (remove any tough stems)
*1-2 Tb. olive oil
*1-2 large pinches of spicy seasoned course salt- see above
*juice from 1/2 lime (or to taste)- optional
directions: If you want to sign up for the CSA click here:
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F.
2. Drizzle some oil over the kale and “massage” it into the leaves. The kale I used for this post was an unusually large bunch. I’d say I used half the bunch and 1-2 tablespoons of oil.
3. I’d like to point out here that you should go ahead and taste the raw oiled kale. It is actually pretty yummy just like this (at least I think so). Sometimes I make a salad with raw kale that’s been oiled and allowed to sit for a few hours. But I’ll save that for another post.
4. Next, you’ll want to spread your oiled kale onto a sheet pan…And then bake in your preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Bake until the edges are just crispy, but the kale is still quite bright green. Do not overcook!
5. As soon as you take your kale chips out of the oven, sprinkle with a few pinches of the spicy salt and then squeeze on the optional lime. Enjoy your kale crispies…and remember to share with your children!
If you want to sign up for the CSA click here: